- 15.05.2009 - Citizens' final recommendations
At a citizens summit in Brussels in May citizens from every Member State, including Ireland, agreed 15 top recommendations on the economic and social future of Europe
- 05.05.2009 - Irish to attend European Citizens' Summit this weekend
Five Irish citizens from Cork, Monaghan, Kildare and Dublin will attend a European Citizens’ Summit with top EU policy-makers in Brussels on the 10th and 11th May 2009
- 24.03.2009 - Irish Citizens' top ten recommendations for Europe - at the Forum this weekend
Stronger EU regulation of financial institutions and sharing information on best practice in healthcare and labour laws across Europe are among the top ten recommendations from the Irish participants in a Europe-wide citizens consultation on how the Union should best address current challenges.
- 12.03.2009 - Macra na Feirme Launch the National Forum on Europe Debating Competition
The Chairman of the National Forum On Europe, Maurice Hayes, said that the Forum was delighted to support Macra Na Feirme in encouraging debate amongst its members all over the country.
- 12.03.2009 - Irish Citizens Shaping Europe's Future - part of Europe-Wide Consultation
Fifty people, selected to reflect a cross-section of Irish society, will gather for a weekend in Dublin on the 21st and 22nd March 2009 to answer this question: “What do you think the EU can – and should - do to shape our economic and social future in a globalised world?”
- 02.03.2009 - Wexford students win national final with their vision of Ireland's future in Europe
A team of County Wexford students are the overall winners of the 2009 Transition Year Public Speaking competition run annually by the National Forum on Europe and Irish MEPs
- 26.02.2009 - Ireland's future in Europe - students from Waterford, Wexford, Clare and Dublin to give their verdicts
Four school teams – one from each Euro Constituency – and their supporters will be converging on Dublin Castle next Monday 2nd March 2009 for the National Final of the Public Speaking Competition for Transition Year students
- 25.02.2009 - So what do you think?
Only three weeks left for Irish people to take part in a Europe-wide online citizens’ consultation
- 20.02.2009 - Corporation Tax and the Lisbon Treaty - leading tax expert at the Forum
Chris Sanger, Head of Tax Policy with Ernst and Young and former advisor to Gordon Brown when he was British Chancellor of the Exchequer, was addressing a Forum workshop in Dublin Castle on the theme “The role of Corporation Tax in the EU and its implications for the future of the Irish economy”.
- 06.02.2009 - Leaving the Eurozone would be 'catastrophic' - National Forum On Europe told
A leading economist addressed representatives of all the Oireachtas parties and several national organisations, including the social partners, at a National Forum On Europe workshop in Dublin Castle today .